The information appearing on FALD web pages and in FALD articles and presentations is for informational purposes only and is not intended to provide legal advice to any individual or entity. Consult with your own legal advisor before taking any action based on information appearing on this site or any site to which it may be linked.
It's The Law Archives
The information contained in the following It's the Law articles has not been updated since the publication date in the article. Users should not cite this information as an official or authoritative source and are advised to independently verify all information. The U.S. Department of Commerce and the U.S. Government disclaim responsibility for any inaccuracies or timeliness of information.
View FALD archives of It's The Law, articles written by FALD attorneys discussing popular financial assistance issues. To read an article, click on the appropriate volume number:
- Paying Fee or Profit on Grants and Cooperative Agreements, by Edward Sharp (Vol. 17 - January 4, 2008)
- Financial Assistance and the Bona Fide Need Rule: Severability No Longer an Issue, by Eric Moll (Vol. 16 - May 19, 2004)
- What's New in Nonprocurement Debarment and Suspension, by Eric Moll (Vol. 15 - May 19, 2004)
- Fly America - More than Just a Name, by Mike Cannon (Vol. 14 - February 13, 2002)
- Subawards or Contracts - More than Just a Name, by Jana Gagner (Vol. 13 - January 4, 2000)
- The Restrictions on the Use of Grant Funds for Lobbying and Other Political Activity, by Edward Sharp (Vol. 12 - March 31, 1999)
- Conflicts of Interest, by Percy Robinson (Vol. 11 - July 16, 1998)
- Financial Assistance or Procurement - Which to Pick, by Ed Sharp (Vol. 10 - January 28, 1998)
- Denying or Discontinuing Financial Assistance Relationships on the Basis of Responsibility Concerns: The Requirement for Due Process, by Eric Moll (Vol. 9A - March 2004)
- (Vol. 9 - March 18, 1998) – Superceded by Vol. 9A, above
- Paperwork Reduction Act Amendments, by Ed Sharp (Vol. 8 - May 17, 1996)
- A Grant is a Contract, by Joseph Levine (Vol. 7 - January 23, 1996)
- Say What You Mean, by Joseph Levine (Vol. 6 - November 3, 1995)
- The Eligibility of Federal Agencies to Receive Federal Assistance Funds from Other Agencies, by Rhonda Cook Neuman (Vol. 5 - August 31, 1995)
- (Vol. 4 - May 30, 1995) - Superceded by Vol. 16, above
- Obligation of Federal Assistance Funds, by Joe Levine (Vol. 3 - April 19, 1995)
- Selection Procedures for Discretionary Grant Programs, by Susan Truax and Stacia Le Blanc (Vol. 2 - March 21, 1995)
- Article 1: Federal Acquisition Streamlining Act of 1994; Article 2: Cancellations of Solicitations, by Eric Moll (Vol. 1 - February 10, 1995)
Use of and access to the FALD website or any of the email links contained within the site does not create an attorney-client relationship between the user and the U.S. Department of Commerce, or the U.S. Government. Communicating with staff in the Office of General Counsel at the U.S. Department of Commerce does not establish an attorney-client relationship. The opinions expressed in this site are the opinions of the individual author and may not reflect the opinions of the Office of General Counsel, the U.S. Department of Commerce, or the U.S. Government. Information on this website is only intended as general summary information that is made available to the public. Information on this website is not intended to provide specific advice. All resources are designed to help users better understand Federal financial assistance through grants and cooperative agreements. Information on this website does not take the place of applicable law and regulations.