Tools and Resources
Post a comment
  1. If there is another agency or organization that shares our interest in the subject matter of the conference, is there a way to partner with that other agency in order to leverage resources?

Yes.  If the conference involves one or more partners, a formal agreement must be executed.  The Department’s Joint Project Authority, 15 U.S.C. § 1525, may be used to enter into agreements with other government entities and non-profits on matters of mutual interest to the parties, the costs of which are equitably apportioned.  The parties would have to enter into an agreement delineating each party’s responsibilities with respect to the conference.  Click here for more information on Joint Project Agreements.

Individual bureaus may have other authorities which they may use to partner with outside entities.  For example, The International Trade Administration and the Bureau of Industry and Security have the Mutual Educational and Cultural Exchange Act of 1971 (MECEA), which they may use to partner with various outside entities.  Contact the General Law Division for more information.

Related content

Last updated: 2015-03-19 12:53

Bureaus & Offices

Search by organization name or browse the tree below